Monday, March 28, 2011

Getting this Blog Going !

I thought it was about time I started getting this blog going. It is a work in progress. So I will warn you before you start.
The purpose of this blog is to share my information and "knowledge" of how I got to this point. My "knowledge" is limited and is simply gained by trying things, reading and asking. Therefore the title "The wood butchers guide to Technology". I have not been trained in technology - I am an older teacher who simply found that I needed to keep abreast of things for the sake of our students. Classified as a computer "Nerd" by fellow staff members because of the clever skill of being able to fix 90% of their computer problems by - you guest it - "reboot" (clever aren't I ?).
I only came to computers (as many older users would relate to) in about 1995 because my wife and I were doing a Uni course (ironically - language - NOT technology) and our old type writer kept missing keys (the lecturers would not be amused). Will we buy a new type writer or one of those new fangled things - a computer. We also had a 9 year old son - so maybe get hip with the latest technology for his sake. After that - it was just getting familiar as one saw the need.
I won't bore people with the journey of the dial up modem, the joys of powerpoint etc. We all went through that.
My purpose of this blog is to share with people where I am now. An apple one on one program' class websites, cloud computing. This is the information I wish to share - not because I am an expert. Simply - I am a wood butcher.
I suppose the thing that has held me back is trying to put tabs into this post - so I can share some of the documentation I have done on the way. But I will figure that out later.

No comments:

Post a Comment